Last working month

Let make it clear: at first start, it's REALLY painful to make this decision. I've poured all my heart and enthusiasm into this job, this company. I'vd had good team working well together. My direct supervisor is a nice person who support me all the time, even though sometimes I treat him as a friend rather than a boss, plus he's top manager so he can make lots of big decision. In addition, I'm about to get promotion soon, not because I threat my boss when informing about my resignation, but because of my performance and my boss'd already planned to promote me before I announce my leaving. And I decide to quit without getting any offers from other companies. Hence, basically, I've given up many things just to step out of my comfort zone.

At first week after submission of resignation form, it's really hurtful, I was full of doubt and I did cry a lot. However, the more I think about my decision, the more I realize that it's a right decision. After all, for the past 6 months, I didn't learn or improve anything. The workload is so little that I have so much time doing nothing. Even if I get promotion, the workload still stay the same. Plus, the salary will not increase much after promotion, so I will be still underpaid.

I'm  also aware of some of my limitation. First of all, obviously, it's communication skills, yet it has improved a lot through time. Second is my management style. It's consultative with a bit of autocratic. Moreover, I don't like supervisor who try to force me to do things, threat me or give commands, I prefer working independently or with supervisor who have hand-off  management style, Hence, I had several conflicts with indirect supervisor. I should learn to cooperate better.

 This one last month give me time to think carefully about my next step, though I don't have any clues at all. Starting from zero's never easy. I've rejected 2 opportunities for some reasons, all are big companies. Next two week will be tough, and the unemployment time will be really desperated and stressful, but I've prepared myself for that. Hope thing will get better soon!

Nhận xét